Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide response that is COVID-19 our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail should be significantly paid off.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We will publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Ensure you get your reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on line.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Beneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you are able to
- Look at the USCIS Electronic learning area to ensure we now have perhaps not already posted the records you will need.
- Make your demand using the right agency by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the records you’ll need, once we can get back requests that are precise.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get the demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified whenever we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to some other individual; and
- Down load and print.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of the FOIA documents request
Look at the Check Request reputation web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents with respect to person in Congress
Immigration records by practices apart from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail shall wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
If you want to request documents by mail, you need to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request records which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature that is notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these techniques will need which you:
Available records under part 508 of this Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- An unknown number where you are able to be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you create your demand, the greater amount of effectively we could get back the documents you’ll need.
You should check the status of a FOIA that is existing in the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web page.
Certain papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, so it’s prone to go quickly.
Advanced request, therefore our review will probably simply take an amount that is significant of.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand additional time than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing by having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, you must add a duplicate of 1 associated with after types, granted because of the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
Should you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the internet site for the working office of Government Suggestions Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, so make sure to create your demand to your agency that is right.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
When you have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you could:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can simply respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other style of immigration matter.